The Imperial Valley Telecommunications Authority is:
- a collaborative of all Imperial County school districts, city agencies, county agencies, Imperial Community College and San Diego State University-IVC
- an innovative partnership with the Imperial Irrigation District
- officially recognized as a “Public Joint Powers Authority (JPA)”
- IVTA is dedicated to provide new technology and a community-wide system access to the Imperial Valley Public agencies, and contribute to the growth and development of the community.
IVTA major projects include:
- connecting participating agencies to a state-of-the-industry fiber-optic communications network
- providing training and support for the use of computers and advanced technologies in public government and schools
- planning for future uses of the high-speed network to improve efficiency and reduce costs of operations
- providing government and education access television to our community.